Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Sometimes I have moments where I can pretend that I know exactly what God was feeling when He looked over His beautiful creation and said that it was good... This past weekend I had one of those moments as I sat on the back of my uncle's quad, zooming through the untouched wilderness on an old train track route. Minus the few times I got hit in the face with branches (I was too distracted by the gorgeous forest and mountains), it was one of the best moments of my life. Flying past the river, gazing at the tall trees, checking out the mountains that few people have dared to climb... moments like these need to be bottled and sold to people who are having bad days.

Where am I going with this? Well, I think that sometimes we get so caught up with the itsy bitsy bad things - like getting hit in the face with branches - that we forget about the big picture - in this case the gorgeous creation.

Phillipians 3:13-14 says: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Sometimes we need to stop getting annoyed and caught up by the little things in life that aren't going our way, and look at the big picture; the picture that God is carefully weaving together. Don't worry about a few branches, take a better look at the things that distracted you from seeing that branch =)


p.s. is anyone else getting this song stuck in their heads?

No comments:

Post a Comment