In case you missed the memo, new music is now going to be released (world-wide) on Fridays.
Here's to weekends filled with new music :)
Mobile Orchestra - Owl City
I'm only half way through the album but I'm already in love! There's some classic Owl City vibes (try Unbelievable) mixed with some new ideas (try I Found Love). And I'm absolutely loving all of the collaborations (so far my fave is Thunderstruck with Sarah Russell)
I was listening to one of Jeff and Alyssa Bethke's podcasts recently (it's called Anything & Everything, it can be found on iTunes and it's fantastic!) and they were talking about really getting into reading the Bible, but described it in a great way that really hit home:
We're told the Bible is like food, sustaining us. But sometimes we're blown away or affected deeply by what we read and other times we aren't. It's like meals though... Some days we're going to have a big, wonderfully memorable steak dinner and other nights it's nothing special. They are both still necessary, though, because they are sustenance our body needs.
So just because some days you don't feel blown away by your Bible reading don't get discouraged! We are meant to be in the Word and through it God has, and will, do amazing things. Be patient and pray that your heart will be open to what God has to say to you through His Words.
1. White is always ideal for summer. Try a cute take on it with a white dressand bright accessories.
2. Swim suits are a perfect piece to invest in. I've mentioned it before, but I love a good one piece - they're classic yet unexpected. This one (it's actually a two piece but has the flair of a one piece!) has had me swooning with it's unique silhouette and bright pops of colour.
3. Best way to beat the heat: dresses! Seriously, they're breezy but totally put together. Find one like this one and you can make it casual or put-together for the office.
Coming Soon (Music):
1. July 10th - Owl City - Mobile Orchestra
2. July 17th - Jon Foreman - The Wonderlands: Shadows (EP)
3. August 28th - Sidewalk Prophets - Something Different
On A Random Note:
It's Sevenly's4th Birthday! I've mentioned this website a few times on the blog and I'm 100% a fan. They have helped raise almost $4.5 million dollars for various charities in their 4 years, all the while promoting these amazing causes through they're fantastic t-shirts and products. Check them out!
I haven't tried these yet but theylook easy to whip up and delicious - so they're definitely going to be perfect for summer munching! Recipe from here
9. Caroline by Jon Foreman
As the lead singer of Switchfoot, it's pretty much a guarantee that anything this guy touches will turn to gold. This song is only available on Spotify at the moment but it's making the anticipation for his new albums (4 with a total of 24 songs coming out this year!) even greater! It's a beautiful background song for the summer.