Monday, November 26, 2012

Where Is God?

I went to an awesome church service yesterday and I wanted to share a bit of what the pastor spoke about!

His question to the church to start it all off was "Where is God?" A weighty question but definitely one that is worth looking in on. Here are some of the points that he talked about!

1) God is looking for us - reaching out to us. In Genesis 3:9 it says "But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, 'Where are you?'" God isn't sitting idly by. He wants a relationship with you!

2) We encounter God in the Bible. When we seek to know Him more by reading His word, He reveals Himself to us.

3) God is with us when we pray. It is a two way communication. In Psalm 91:15 God says: "When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him." And in Isaiah 58:9 we read: "Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;you shall cry, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’"

4) God is always within us when we are born again. "You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you" (Romans 8:9). God fills us with His Spirit when we follow Him so that we are never without His guidance!

God is not hard to find. He's waiting for us to reach out for Him. Don't take this for granted. Take Him up on this offer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment