Tuesday, September 16, 2014

3 Must-have New Releases

It's been a while since I've posted here, so I thought I'd finally get back to it... even if this is going to be a quick post (and not a full CD review)

Here is my quick list of 3 CDs I think you definitely need to invest in that have just released:

1. The Edge of the Earth - Switchfoot
Ok, so technically this is an EP... but it's also new Switchfoot music, which to me translates into: must have! It's just indie enough, with the powerful/thoughtful lyrics that you expect from Switchfoot, and (an added bonus) we get to hear Tim Foreman on lead vocals for the first time! 
My favorites: What it Costs and Liberty

2. Run Wild. Live Free. Love Strong. - For King & Country
If I'm being honest I haven't even made it through the whole album yet... whoops! But seriously, can you ever go wrong with For King & Country? I don't think so. 
It's pop without being obnoxious, it's full of phenomenal lyrics, it has a fantastic mixture of upbeat, positive songs and thought-provoking, heart-wrenching songs (check out "Without You" a duet between Luke and his wife). These guys are consistently fantastic, and this one definitely didn't disappoint.
My favorites: Without You and It's Not Over Yet

3. How Can It Be - Lauren Daigle
New-ish on the Christian music stage, Lauren has vocal talent that is up there with the greats. Sure, this one is also considered an EP but each track is fantastic music, harmony, melodic and everything-else wise. Let's get the word out there about this fantastic new artist!! I've talked about her Christmas stuff before, and this EP is right up there with those fantastic songs!
My favorite: Dry Bones and Light of the World


No comments:

Post a Comment