Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Monday Thoughts on a Tuesday

It was a long day yesterday, so it's a Tuesday article instead :)

Yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving. 50 days ago, my friend challenged me and some other friends to be thankful for (at least) one thing every day until Thanksgiving. I loved how some days it was a challenge to even find one good thing in a day and other days I couldn't narrow it down to one or even two!

A quote that has been on my mind for the past few months is "what if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?"

I love how blunt it is.

If that was the case, what would you have today?

I'm betting that a lot of people wouldn't have very much. For some reason we get caught up asking God for stuff that we aren't thankful for all the things that He has given us like His love, health and family.

My challenge for you - whether you just had Thanksgiving, or you have it next month or you don't celebrate it at all - is to write down one thing a day that you are thankful. Keep it going as you can remember. Write them down in your journal or on a spare piece of paper. Don't limit it to one thing! Some days all you are going to be thankful for is a nice bed to sleep in, but don't worry about it. God loves hearing from us and all good things come from Him!

Have fun with it but use it to remind yourself of what really matters on those days where you just want to curl up in a ball in the dark and cry. I think that it will give you a different outlook on life. And sometimes that's all we need... a new perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment