Monday, September 10, 2012

Book lovin'

So, as many of you know I've had to downsize my book collection a little bit because of my current living space. I thought, since I haven't written anything on books lately, I would let you in on the books I brought and why I chose those ones! Basically, mini reviews for books that I love but that aren't all that new.

Book #1 - The Truth About Guys by Chad Eastham 
I love this book because it's straight to the point, truthful and - best of all - funny! Chad is a phenomenal writer (I recommend his two other books as well!) and he writes from the heart. Also, he doesn't push getting a boyfriend or anything, the idea that he pushes in all of his books is getting to know Christ and really loving yourself. Without those two things it's impossible to really fall for someone in a healthy situation!

Book #2 - The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson
If I had to pick a favourite book, this one would definitely be in the running. Melanie takes a fairytale that we all know and love, Sleeping Beauty, and adds a twist of reality to it. She sets in back in old time Germany and adds a Christian element, which I really appreciate. I really love her writing style as well, and her characters are amazing.

Book #3 - The Bride Backfire by Kelly Eileen Hake
This is book 3 in the series but it's my favourite, and you don't have to read all of the books to get the story in this one. I love of Kelly is able to create characters that are loveable and relatable. She is a very talented writer (so is her mom!).

Book #4 - Faking Grace by Tamara Leigh
Tamara is definitely one of my favourite authors. She has the ability to be incredibly witty in one sentence and then in the next one she can be very deep and spiritual. I love her characters because they are very true to life, and the lessons that her characters learn are also true to life. Though I haven't had the chance to read all of her books yet, I would still recommend reading her books!

Book #5 - The Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden
See my review here.

Book #6 - The Princess by Lori Wick
This book has been around for a long time but I hadn't heard of it before a few years ago. I love love love it. The plot is fantastic and it's definitely a page-turner. Beware because you will want to read the whole book in one night because you want to know so badly what happens! She is a great author and I love her characters in this book.

Sadly, this is all the books that I have had the chance to squeeze on the shelf here (as well as some Susie Magazines and LouLou fashion magazines) but I am on the lookout for a good library which means that more review will be coming soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment