Monday, April 21, 2014

Look of the Day: Grey Tee

I don't know what it is about grey t-shirts these days, but they seem to be what I have constantly been reaching for in my closet. Maybe it's the slightly-thicker-than-a-normal-tee fabric or the slightly faded graphic design advertising my favorite soccer team but ever since I got this bad boy for Christmas it's been my go-to for a lounging around day. And what do you know, I picked up another softer-than-air grey tee at a concert I was at this weekend. So now my challenge has become: what do I pair them with?

If you haven't noticed, grey is an unusual "colour". It's a neutral, but it's not as 'out there' as white or black or even brown. My grey tee outfits have constantly consisted of dark jeans and a blue zip sweater/black cardigan, and I'm ready for a change. Here are three different ways that I'm going to style my new wardrobe staples this spring - one for work, church and the weekend...

Work:
 A soft, casual gray tee gets a more polished look with a crisp white blazer, dark wash jeans (or dark blue dress pants if your work is more formal) and chunky gold jewelry.













Church:
Megan styles her grey shirt perfectly for a more formal/churchy outfit. Pair it with a flowy midi skirt and add a pop of pattern with a cute clutch or bag. I would not have thought to pair grey with this colour of peach, but it works beautifully.


























Weekend:
 This outfit is a more put-together look than my usual grey tee outfit. Keeping the colours all in neutral, but mixing within neutrals with a bit of black and brown, with a bit of colour in the scarf, makes this one a go-to for sure. Perfect for a spring day out, even if you have to shed the outer layer as the sun warms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment